HST irish chain quilt

Well, hello there!

How are you all doing? Is it nice and warm where you live as well? We've been enjoying summer temperatures in the last few days but I'm quite excited for autumn to finally show up. Fingers crossed it will cool down soon :) 


And, as luck would have it, I have a very autumn inspired quilt I designed for issue 51 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine to share with you today.



What do you think? I've become quite obsessed with simple, minimalist, mostly solid quilts and I absolutely love how this HST Irish Chain quilt turned out.

Oh, and I somehow can't stop hand quilting my quilts! I find it to be so very relaxing and seem to enjoy it more and more with every quilt I make.

photo courtesy of  LPQ magazine
 
I was originally going to make HSTs black, but the editor requested I use different color instead so I went with orange, my mom's favorite color, and made this quilt just for her. I do, however, plan on making a black and white one just as soon as I can find some free time (which will probably not happen any time soon but it's good to dream :)).


 QUILT STATS
finished size: 70" square
fabrics used: Kona Snow and Orange
batting: Warm and White
thread for hand quilting: perle cotton

UPDATE: This quilt is inspired by a beautiful Irish Chain Quilt by Denyse Schmidt from her book Modern Quilts Traditional Inspiration


Thanks for reading friends. Wishing you all a happy and creative day. Svetlana