pretty in pink baby quilt


Hello lovelies, how are things?

Have you been working on any fun projects? I must say, my sewing time has been seriously limited lately and I find myself going for days without even touching any fabric at all :(


So, not surprisingly, this little baby quilt took weeks for me to finally finish.

Weeks!!! How crazy is that!?!?


I chose a simple square patchwork design (100% inspired by this beauty I have pinned ages ago) and I absolutely loved a chance to cut into lots of pink scraps and fabrics patiently waiting for just the right project.


This quilt top, as you can imagine, has come together rather quickly. And then I decided hand quilting was the way to go as my kids like it when I watch their favorite Netflix shows with them, and I like to hand quilt while watching. Totally a win-win for all of us :)

I used white perle cotton #8 and first stitched in the ditch, and then quilted a square inside each block. I think this quilting compliments the simple patchwork quite well.


I finished this little cutie by adding a lovely striped binding. I know I keep saying it, but I do love striped bindings very, very much.


Off I go, more summer fun to be had as we only have two more weeks of summer break left.

Wishing you all a happy and creative week. Svetlana