tablet stands

The other day I came across this tutorial for a tablet stand on Pinterest. What a clever idea, isn't it? I knew right away I had to drop everything and give it a try as I like watching Netflix while sewing but my Kindle keeps slipping and sliding constantly.


I made the first one using black and white Lotta Jansdotter's fabric. And then I made four more stands, one for each of my kids and one more just for good measure :).


I filled the triangular parts of stands with rice (as per tutorial's suggestion) and I love how stable it makes them. The only change I made when following the directions was adhering light fusible interfacing to wrong side of my fabric.


I love projects like this, not only are they fun and easy to make, they are also super functional. And this stand holds my Kindle in just the right angle for comfortable watching (any Breaking Bad fans out there?).

So, if you've ever needed a stand for your tablet I very highly recommend you give this tutorial a try. You'll love it, you'll see. I'm also thinking these would make great presents for my teenage daughters' friends. Oh, the possibilities.

Before I go, I wanted to thank you all so much for the amazing amount of encouragement and support on my last post. You have no idea how much it means to me. Svetlana