stash - busting blog hop

Hello, happy Wednesday to you all!


Today is my stop on The Stash - Busting blog hop celebrating two new fantastic books - Kim (retro mama)'s Scrap Happy Sewing and 50 Fat Quarter Makes.


I loved browsing through my e-copies of both of these books and making lists of all the projects I want to make :). 


 And look, I even made this super fun Scrap Patch Pincushion from Kim's book already. I loved being able to use up some of my precious Cotton + Steel scraps.


It was such a fun and interesting project. Just look all those pins I had to use to hold the pleats in place :). Maddening, but totally well worth it.

stash-busting blog hop - apple mats

I'm also really looking forward to making these adorable apple potholders soon. Aren't they the sweetest? I think they'd make perfect housewarming gifts, or maybe even teachers' gifts.

 Retro Mama: Scrap Happy Sewing | What to Make with Scrap Fabric

Oh, and how cute are these two little bears? Seriously!!! I'm not usually a huge fan of making stuffed toys but I don't think I'll be able to resist much longer.

I hope you'll follow along this fun blog hop to see what other talented peeps have to share. Here's the line up.

Thu 2nd  - Retro Mama
Fri 3rd  - SCC
Wed 8th  - S.O.T.A.K Handmade
Thu 9th  - Fabricworm
Fri 10th  - Clover & Violet
Mon 13th  - Robot Mom Sews
Tue 14th  - Vivid Felicity
Wed 15th  - Cut To Pieces
Thu 16th Straight Grain
Fri 17th  - Sew Take A Hike
Mon 20th  - Vintage Grey
Tue 21st  - Miss Print
Wed 22nd  - Pink Penguin
Thu 23rd  - Sew Creative Blog
Fri 24th  - Follow the White Bunny
Mon 27th  - A Bright Corner
Tue 28th  - Sew Justine Sew
Wed 29th  - LRstitched

Have a lovely day. Svetlana