baby comforter


It's all about basic shapes and simple color palettes with me lately.  So, when I needed to make a baby quilt the other day, I raided my stash for pretty green prints, cut them into 5" squares, and combined them with polka dots. Because, really, you can never go wrong with polka dots, right? :)


I even decided to forgo a binding and instead of quilting I did just a few back and forth small stitches where the squares meet. I followed this tutorial I wrote recently, but I used Warm and White cotton batting instead of the more poofy polyester one since that was the only thing I had on hand.


I love how beautifully soft it feels, especially thanks to this lovely fox flannel that was sitting in my stash for ages, waiting for just the right project.

And now I think I'm about to raid my stash once again as I simply have to make another version of this little comforter, this time in blue.

Thanks for reading friends, Svetlana.